Wednesday 5 July 2017

Non Subscribing Presbyterian Church of Ireland

Revd Colin Campbell, the new Moderator of the NSPCI with Me
13 & 14 June 2017
May-Kane and myself

Shortly after our Annual Assembly, I attended the Annual General Assembly of the NSPCI. This year it was held in Ballyclare and as well as the usual business that accompanies such gatherings, there was a time of prayer, reflection and worship. We held a communion service on the first evening and shared in fellowship all that we held in common.

The Congregational Federation has a special relationship with the NSPCI and this was reflected in the sincere welcome and warmth I felt during my time with them. The style of worship, the prayers offered and the way the Sacrament of Communion was observed were entirely in keeping with the Congregational Way. It was a blessed time indeed.
I was joined in Ballyclare by Revd May-Kane Logan and this reflected the historical ties of the CF in Scotland with the NSPCI.

May Kane and myself formed a team (with some local support) for the social quiz held after the Assembly. We came a credible second!

My sincere thanks and blessings to the good people of the NSPCI who looked after us so well.

2 comments:

  1. As a Presbyterian body do their churches have the same concept of church meeting or do they have a synod structure with authority over the local church?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I experienced the understanding of the authority of the church meeting is in keeping with the congregational way . As Presbyterians the Elders and Ministers have a different standing but I'm the meeting I attended it was clear that the churches are staunchly independent and make local decisions.

    ReplyDelete