Thursday 13 July 2017

Martin's letter from America

Although not part of my Presidential Duties, I am in America on an Army Exchange Programme and spending time in Tennessee and Kentucky with a Chaplain from the National Guard. My host is Director of Missions for the Warren (county) Association of Baptists. They are part of the Southern Baptist Convention, a body with some 16 million members. That's right - 16 MILLION.

My time is spent between military and civilian minstries and have been to a number of churches to preach and tobe part of bible study groups. All I can say is WOW. Big churches that do much for their community. Most with a Pastor for one church and most with full time support personnel assisting the minister.

My first engagement was preaching at Scottsville Baptist Church and the picture is taken just before the service began. My host is Chaplain Colonel John Toby. After the service, we enjoyed a wonderful fellowship meal and the good people prayed for the Congregational Federation and were deligted to have the President with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment